The Bible in 90 Days – Week 1

by Kim Calhoun on July 5, 2010

I have seen this challenge online through Twitter and the Mom blogs that I follow. I decided it’s time for me to jump on the bandwagon and do this. I’ve never read the Bible all the way through. I think at 40 years old it’s about time I did.

I’m signing up at Mom’s Toolbox. Thanks to Home With the Boys for posting the opportunity.  It’s starts today through October 2. Mom’s Toolbox has a wonderful accountability program and a discussion part through Twitter.  But even if you aren’t a blogger or on Twitter you can participate.

Happy Reading!  Can’t wait to meet all the other people involved with the Mom’s Toolbox Challenge!

Be Sociable, Share!

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Amy July 5, 2010 at 9:13 am

Hey, I found your site from Moms Toolbox, but the link you added did not work. I found you by typing in your address.
I am also 40! Looking forward to the read thru. Many blessings from another homeschool Mama.

Kim Calhoun July 5, 2010 at 10:03 am

Sorry Amy! I’ve gotten a message to Amy at Mom’s Toolbox to see if she can fix it for me. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Beth July 6, 2010 at 10:27 am

Good for you! I have the “read the bible in a year” bible. I still haven’t been able to stick to it.

BTW … I am following you now.

Blessings!
Beth

Kim Calhoun July 6, 2010 at 10:29 am

Thanks Beth! I appreciate the comments and the follow! There’s a wonderful group of people with @momstoolbox doing this one. I’ve met so many nice women already.

monica @ paper bridges July 6, 2010 at 9:38 pm

hi, kim! this is my first time doing B90days too. Glad you decided to join in. See you on twitter

m

Sandi Jackson July 11, 2010 at 12:02 am

I’ve been “trying” to read the Bible in 90 days, too. Of course, I’m nowhere near on schedule. Am still pluggin away, though. What a challenge to stay awake for 15-20 chapters at a time. Does it count if I download the books of the Bible on my iPod and listen to them, too?

Kim Calhoun July 12, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Hi Sandy,

To me I don’t think God cares how you get His Word into your heart and mind as long as you do. I think the Bible on the ipod is a great idea!